We had a lot of fun with them. They invited over some other friends for a full-on Christmas Eve sleepover (their apartment is large...) so that we could all wake up in the morning and open our gifts and reminisce about how awesome it was once upon a time to be children. So, I was over there quite a bit while Analyn was here. As for gifts: Analyn gave me an electronic boggle game (among other things)- it's one of her favorite game and her family refuses to play anymore with her cause she's way too good at it. I'm slightly ok, I can keep up with her sometimes. I've made it a point though to only play if she is really tired so I have a fighting chance.
Basically, one of the major superstitions in the Middle East is that of the Evil Eye, a negative supernatural evil affect by casting bad looks that can follow one around and do bad things to them, sorta like bad kharma or luck. Hence, to combat this superstitious they make wards, talismans, charms, etc. So, in response to Analyn's recent injury, I felt that an Evil Eye ward was especially warranted. In reality though, I'm not that superstitious....
No comments:
Post a Comment